The first step in an organized job search is to analyze where your skill set will best be utilized. You should review industry trends and ensure you are taking your career in the right direction. Before applying to a job, you need to understand the company’s history, financial stability, product classes, lines of insurance and have awareness of any recent news about them.
Contact an Account Executive at General Placement Service to discuss a company you are interested in. We constantly review company news and learn as much as possible about our industry. We may also have inside information that cannot be found otherwise. The links below will help you get started in your quest for information.
- www.ambest.com – AM Best Company provides news, credit ratings and financial data products and services for the insurance industry.
- www.ultimateinsurancelinks.com – List of insurance links for property, casualty, life and health carriers
- www.naic.org – Complete list of State Insurance Departments
- www.businessinsurance.com – Business Insurance provides an up-to-date list of articles related to the insurance industry
Property and Casualty
- www.insurancejournal.com – Delivers the latest business news for the Property /Casualty insurance industry.
- www.nationalunderwriter.com – Provides complete coverage (news and analysis) of the events and issues affecting the property and casualty insurance industry – both commercial and personal lines.
- www.cpcusociety.org – CPCU society is the property casualty insurance underwriters professional organization offering continued insurance education with strong business ethics
- www.asse.com – ASSE is the world’s oldest and largest professional safety organization
Life / Health / Benefits:
- www.nationalunderwriter – Provides complete coverage (news and analysis) of the events and issues affecting the life and health insurance industry.