General Placement Service (GPS) has been retained to manage the search process of filling this Executive Level position. All correspondence with GPS is personal and confidential - and nothing is shared with our client without your consent.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
(relocation will be considered)
Top-rated, National Organization with operations just North of Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee all fiscal functions for the company. They own several entities; including an insurance company with over $1-billion in life insurance and annuity assets. In this role, you will lead all internal accounting operations for all divisions and entities of the company.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance overseeing all accounting functions, ensuring smooth daily operations within the parent company and its subsidiaries
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company financial goals.
- Develop the annual Departmental Operational Goals and Strategic Plans relating to the accounting function.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports and related analyses for the parent company and subsidiaries.
- Ensure all accounting of revenues conform to GAAP standards.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- In conjunction with the Executive Finance Board, President/CEO, consultant and portfolio managers insure that all investment activities comply with the Investment Policy of the company overseeing the daily transaction activity and properly recording such activity within the internal software system tracking all activity and transactions..
- Minimum of a BA in Business Administration, Major in Accounting, CPA required.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate experience within the insurance industry.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong financial focus. A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in financial accounting systems.
To be considered for this position, please apply below or send your resume directly to Eric@generalplacement.com